Welcome to my private practice located in Rhinebeck, NY. Please see my contact information if you wish to make an appointment. My practice is limited to adults, that is 18 and older. The only exception is when I perform QEEG or Neurofeedback treatment, in which case I will work with children and adolescents as well as adults.
I specialize in assessment and treatment of various conditions, including:
- different forms of brain injury, such as trauma, concussion, stroke and brain infection,
- developmental brain disorders, such as ADD/ADHD, Autism and Learning Disabilities,
- degenerative brain disorders, such as Alzheimer's or Pick's disease,
- disorders of emotional regulation, such as anxiety, depression, OCD, substance abuse and PTSD.
In my practice I perform a variety of clinical services, including:
- Psychological and Neuropsychological testing,
- Brief and targeted testing, e.g., ADD screening or memory assessment,
- QEEG (Quantitative Electroencephalography) imaging,
- LORETA (Low Resolution Electromagnetic Tomography Analysis) imaging,
- Neurofeedback and Biofeedback treatment,
- Cognitive Remediation treatment,
- Forensic evaluations and expert testimonies,
- Independent psychological examinations.
My fees depend on the type of service and the amount of work entailed. The fees for Neurofeedback are described on the next page. While I accept No Fault and Workers' Compensation insurance, other carriers may reimburse you for my services "out of network." It is very difficult to know in advance which services are covered without contacting insurance about each specific case. I recommend to my patients that they call their insurance carriers and ask such standard questions as:
- is the psychological service in question covered (e.g., neuropsychological testing)?
- what is the exact amout of coverage for the psychological service in question (e.g., if you are told that your insurance will cover 80%, the question still is - 80% of what amount)?
- how many visits (sessions, hours, units) are allowed?
- do I need a pre-authorization?
- are out-of-network providers covered?
- what documentation is expected from the provider?
Insurance policies and reimbursement rates for psychological and, especially, neuropsychological services vary widely. E.g., some carriers will approve only 4 hours of neuropsychological testing, while others - up to 12 hours (a typical battery takes 10-12 hours). QEEG and neurofeedback might be denied by some carriers, while others will allow it only for certain conditions/diagnoses or will require letters of medical necessity from treating physicians.This may seem a bit daunting, but the more information you have upfront, the fewer surprises will come down the road. I will help you navigate the system as much as I can, but I will expect to be paid for my services, even if your insurance ends up paying less than you thought they would.